• ½ Australian papaya, sliced and ½ of the slices cut in half
• 1 cup coconut sugar
• ½ cup olive oil
• 2 eggs, lightly whisked
• 1 tbsp grated lime rind
• 1/3 cup lime juice
• 1 cup plain Greek yoghurt
• 1 tsp vanilla extract
• 2 ¼ cups self-raising flour
• Icing sugar, for dusting
1. Pre-heat oven to 180oC.
2. Grease a 22cm springform cake tin
3. Place coconut sugar, olive oil, eggs, lime rind, lime juice, yoghurt and vanilla extract into bowl and mix for 1 minute or until well combined.
4. Add self-raising flour and mix until lump free.
5. Pour ½ of the mixture into cake tin. Smooth mixture and top with halved papaya slices.
6. Pour remaining mixture into cake tin. Smooth mixture and top with remaining papaya slices.
7. Bake for 50 minutes. Cover with foil and cook for another 10 minutes, or until skewer inserted into the centre of the cake comes out clean.
8. Cool in cake tin for 10 minutes before removing. Dust with icing sugar before serving.