- 250g bean sprouts
- 150g papaw, diced into 3cm cubes
- 2 spring onions, thinly sliced diagonally
- 2 tbsp coriander leaves, roughly chopped
- 2 tbsp mint leaves, roughly chopped
- ¼ cup peanuts
- ½ tsp minced garlic
- 4 tbsp lime juice
- 2 tbsp fish sauce
- 4 tbsp palm sugar syrup (available in most supermarkets, otherwise substitute with 3 tbsp maple syrup)
Place peanuts in a dry pan and roast over medium heat on a stove top. Set aside.
Combine papaw and 1 tbsp lime juice in a bowl and allow to macerate for 2-3 minutes.
Meanwhile, pour boiling hot water into a bowl with the beansprouts. Drain and immediately plunge beansprouts into ice water to refresh. Drain and set aside.
In a mortar and pestle, crush dried shrimp with garlic and half of the roasted peanuts until you get a coarse paste. Combine this paste with remaining lime juice, fish sauce and palm sugar syrup (or maple syrup).
To assemble salad, combine beansprouts, spring onion, coriander, mint leaves and papaw. Toss to combine. Pour over dressing and mix well. Serve on a plate and sprinkle with remaining peanuts.