- 2 bunches asparagus, woody ends trimmed, diagonally sliced into 5cm lengths
- 2 baby fennel, ends trimmed, fronds reserved
- ½ papaw, deseeded, peeled, thinly sliced
- 100g baby rocket leaves
- 2 x 125g portions hot smoked salmon, coarsely flaked
- 1 lemon, zested, juiced
- ¼ cup (60ml) olive oil
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped chives
- Pinch of Salt
Cook asparagus in a large saucepan of salted boiling water for 2 minutes or until bright green and tender crisp. Refresh under cold running water. Drain well. Place in a large bowl.
Use a vegetable peeler or mandolin, to thinly slice fennel lengthways. Add to asparagus with papaw, rocket, salmon and lemon zest.
Combine lemon juice, oil, mustard and chives in a screw-top jar and shake until well combined. Taste and season with salt and pepper. Drizzle over papaw mixture and gently toss to combine. Divide among serving plates and sprinkle with reserved fennel fronds. Serve immediately.
Tip: The hot smoked salmon can easily be replaced with barbecued fresh salmon or chicken breast fillets.