• 1 papaya, deseeded and skin removed
• 1 ½ cups jam sugar or caster sugar
• 1 lime, washed and cut in half
• 4cm ginger, peeled and finely grated
1. Place papaya in a medium saucepan, squeeze the two lime halves and place the limes into the saucepan. Bring to the boil on medium heat, boil for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
2. Add the sugar and mix until sugar has dissolved. Add the ginger and bring to the boil, stirring occasionally for 10 minutes or until temperature reaches 220c.
3. Spoon jam into sterilised jars and set aside, to cool.
4. Once opened jam can be stored for up to 3 months in the refrigerator.
TIP: Prepare jam jars by washing and sterilising. Place the jars in a saucepan of gentle boiling water and gentle boil for 5 minutes.