• 1 papaya
• 200g self raising flour
• 2 tbsp caster sugar
• 1 tsp baking powder
• 1 egg, lightly whisked
• 250 ml milk of your choice
• 20g butter, melted
Serve with yoghurt, blueberries, chopped pistachios, honey, mint and remaining fresh papaya
1. Cut papaya in half lengthwise, scoop out seeds. Scoop out flesh from one half of the papaya and blend until smooth, set aside. Cut the remaining half papaya into cubes, removing the skin and set aside.
2. In a large bowl, mix flour, caster sugar and baking powder.
3. In a jug, mix egg, milk and butter and pour into flour mixture, whisk until smooth.
4. Heat a large non-stick frying pan over medium-low heat. Spray with oil. Pour 80ml (1/3 cup) of the batter into the pan. Cook for 2 minutes or until bubbles appear on the surface. Turn and cook for a further 1 -2 minute or until golden. Repeat with the remaining batter to make 8 pancakes.
5. Serve pancakes stacked with yoghurt and papaya pieces, topped with papaya pieces, blueberries, honey, pistachio nuts and mint.